Brandon Hall Hotel & Spa
Location: Brandon, Warwickshire
17 acres of tranquil grounds surround the 4-star Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa, Warwickshire. This Coventry hotel has 120 contemporary rooms, each with satellite TV and internet access. An elegant lunch or dinner menu can be found at the Clarendon Restaurant, or relax near the open fireplace or patio or the Berwick Bar. An indoor pool and fitness centre can be enjoyed at the Spa, and the hotel has 10 fully equipped meeting rooms, which can welcome up to 280 guests.
For more information about the hotel please visit their web site
† These prices are based on two people sharing a standard double or twin bedroom
Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa is situated in the grounds of Brandon Manor House, built in 1300 on the site of the car park beside our modern day Spa. The Manor House building is now no longer in existence, but a later addition known as the "Shooting Lodge" was built in the 17th century, and now forms the old section of Brandon Hall Hotel.
Brandon Manor House has had numerous owners since 1300. In 1615 Brandon Manor was sold to Sir Henry Yelverton, Attorney General and passed to his great-grandson, who was created Viscount Longuerille in 1690 and died in 1705.
Brandon Manor was held by his widow Barbara until her death in 1763, then passed to her grandson Henry, Earl of Sussex, who died in 1799, then to his grandson, Henry, Lord Grey de Ruthin, who died in 1810. His daughter Barbara Baroness Grey inherited the Manor. She then married into the Wilcox family who took up residence in the Manor House in 1825.
They later held the Lordship of the Manor at nearby Wolston, however the deeds to Brandon Manor still remained with Baroness Grey. Some years later she decided to sell the Manor to James Beech. He moved the family residence from the old Manor House to the renovated and enlarged Shooting Lodge, now known as Brandon Hall. Meanwhile, the old Manor home continued to deteriorate into ruins.
James Beech's descendent, Col. Roland Beech commissioned the building of the present day Brandon Club, which was erected in 1885, and Brandon School House, which was completed in 1888. After the death of Col. Roland Beech, the deeds passed to his eldest son, Col. Charles Murray Beech of Brandon Hall.
Col. Charles Murray Beech died in 1944 during the 2nd World War and his son Roland Beech inherited the property. It was the wish of his father that the villagers, being tenants of the Manor, be given their dwelling as a token of his appreciation of them and their loyalty. The wish was granted and quickly the Manor land was divided.
In 1946, one year after the death of his father, Roland Beech put Brandon Hall up for sale. It was bought by Mr and Mrs Crews, who turned it into a 25-bedroomed hotel. At that time the Manor House ruins could still be seen, however over the years they have been cleared away.
After having had many owners since Mr and Mrs Crews first created the Hotel, the Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa is now proud to belong to the Mercure brand of the worldwide Accor Group, and one of 25 other Mercure country house hotels in Britain. We now boast 120 bedrooms, a luxury Spa and pool, and numerous conference facilities including a newly-built conference centre.